Records Release Section

Motor Vehicle Collision Reports


If you have been involved in a motor vehicle collision you may require a copy of the collision report for insurance purposes or simply for your records. The Toronto Police Service only provides Motor Vehicle Collision (MVC) reports for collisions that occur in Toronto. Any reports relating to collisions that occurred outside of Toronto should be requested through the respective Police Service in that jurisdiction.

Please note that a fee of $67.80 (taxes included) applies.

Requests may be submitted by mail or in person. Please refer to the How to Apply section for information on how to submit a request.

Collisions that occurred on any 400 series highways within Toronto would be investigated by the OPP. Reports for collisions that occurred on the 427, 401, 400, 404, and Queen Elizabeth Expressway can be obtained through the Ontario Provincial Police.

Please note, collision reports are retained for 6 years after which they are destroyed and no longer available (with the exception of collisions resulting in a fatality – retained indefinitely).

For any other documents relating to motor vehicle collisions please refer to our Fee Schedule for applicable fees.

← Records Release Section