Central Paid Duty Office40 College Street, Toronto, ON , M5G 2J3
Hours of Operation
- Monday to Friday
- 08:00 to 20:00
- Saturday, Sunday and Statutory Holidays
- 10:00 to 17:00
Except on: Friday, December 22 08:00 – 17:00 Sunday, December 24 10:00 – 14:00 Monday, December 25 CLOSED Tuesday, December 26 09:30 – 18:00 Friday, December 29 08:00 – 17:00 Sunday, December 31 10:00 – 14:00 Monday, January 1, 2018 CLOSEDCPDO will resume regular business hours on January 2, 2018.
Scheduling a Paid Duty
Off-duty police officers are available for hire to provide police presence for a range of functions:
- Traffic control;
- Funeral Escorts;
- Escorts for wide/oversized loads;
- Film Shoots;
- Security at Sporting Events/Concerts, Weddings/Banquets, Community and School Events.
The following are the prohibited functions for which a paid duty will NOT be performed:
- On behalf of an employer or union in relation to a labour dispute;
- At a function likely to promote a confrontation between participating groups, including, but not limited to annual general meetings, Hearings, Termination of employee(s) by an employer, protests and get belongings; and/or;
- As a body guard service.
The following types of paid duties will not generally be performed:
- Escort or security of money;
- Escort or security of valuables;
- Paid duties in plainclothes; and
- Events for political parties or politicians.
Instead, Toronto Transportation permits will mandate the requirement for a licensed "pilot vehicle”. This “pilot vehicle” is to be provided by the trucking service company. The City does, however, reserve the right to impose paid duty requirements in exceptional circumstances.