Man arrested in Assault investigation,
Jordan Hunt, 26
Broadcast time: 16:55
Saturday, October 6, 2018
Case #: 2018-1809539
The Toronto Police Service would like to inform the public of an arrest made in an Assault investigation.
On Sunday, September 30, 2018, at approximately 2:30 p.m., officers responded to a call for an Assault in the Keele Street and Bloor Street West area.
It is alleged that:
- a group of people were protesting against abortions
- a man approached the group producing ink markers
- he began scribbling on their signs and clothing
- he was confronted by one of the protesters
- he kicked her in the shoulder, knocking her phone from her hand
- he then grabbed a ribbon she was wearing and ripped it off
- he then fled the scene
On Saturday, October 6, 2018, Jordan Hunt, 26, of Toronto, surrendered to police. He is charged with:
1. Eight counts of Assault
2. Seven counts of Mischief Under $5000
It is further alleged that:
- On Thursday, August 2, 2018, at approximately 12 p.m., officers responded to a call for an Assault in the Dufferin Street and Dundas Street West
- there was a group of people protesting against abortion
- they were approached by a man on a bicycle
- he tried to grab one of their signs
- he then pushed a woman into a pole
- he fled the scene
Jordan Hunt, 26, of Toronto, has been charged in this incident with:
He appeared in court at Old City Hall, on Saturday, October 6, 2018, at 10 a.m., in room 111.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable David Hopkinson, Corporate Communications, for Detective Barbara Kohl, 11 Division