How do I become a Toronto Police officer?
The following points outline the process for becoming a police constable with the Toronto Police Service
- Complete online registration for a General Information Session (GIS),
- Attend General Information Session (GIS),
- Toronto Police Recruiter will be in contact with you,
- Complete online registration for one of our mentoring sessions,
- Attend your registered PREP, PATI or WCT mentoring session,
- Register for O.A.C.P. testing with Applicant Testing Services,
- Perform Test:
- PATI (Police Analytical Thinking Inventory),
- WCT (Written Communication Test),
- PREP (Physical Readiness Evaluation for Police),
- Vision and Hearing,
- BPAD (Behavioural Personnel Assessment Device for police).
- Obtain O.A.C.P. Certificate of Results,
- Submit Toronto Police Service online application,
- Pre-Background Questionnaire (PBQ),
- Blended Interview,
- Minnesota Multi-Phasic Personality Inventory (MMPI-2),
- Background Investigation,
- Psychological Assessment,
- Conditional Offer of Employment Pending Medical Examination,
Please be advised that the process for becoming a Police Constable is competitive and as such, an applicant may be declined at any stage of the process.
If you have any questions regarding the above information, please contact a member of the recruiting section.
Download Constable Selection Chart