The Toronto Police Service endeavours to hire the finest members for every position. Candidates must be well qualified, enthusiastic, interested and committed to exploring a career in law enforcement. The Toronto Police Service continually strives to ensure that it represents the diverse communities it serves.
- be at least 18 years of age (exception are student programs),
- be a Canadian Citizen or have permanent resident status in Canada,
- have a minimum Ontario grade 12 education or its equivalent (Note: official transcripts and diplomas will be required). Where education has been completed outside Ontario, official proof of equivalency must be obtained,
- have no criminal convictions for which a pardon has not been granted,
- be of good moral character and habits, meaning that you are an individual other people would look upon as being trustworthy and having integrity. You must possess the following core values of the Toronto Police Service: Honesty, Integrity, Fairness, Reliability, Respect, Teamwork, and Positive Attitude, Freedom from Bias,
- be able to pass a security clearance as well as a background investigation, credit and reference checks.
If you have any questions regarding the above information, please contact our office.