Traffic Services

· Home
· Child Safety Seats
· Involved in a Collision?
· Collision Reporting Centres
· Community Partners / Links
· Detective Office
· Divisional Traffic Response Units
· Have you been towed?
· Highway Patrol
· Traffic Complaints
· Investigative Units
· Identity Fraud/Personation Unit
· Reconstruction Office
· Traffic Enforcement Group
· Traffic Safety Programs
· Warrant Office

Traffic Services

Collision Reporting Centres

The Collision Reporting Centres of Toronto are partnerships between the Toronto Police Service, insurance providers and private enterprise. The concept of self reporting collisions is the main function of the Collision Reporting Centres. Drivers involved in property damage collisions MUST report within twenty four hours to a Collision Reporting Centre, where a police officer inspects the vehicle damage.

The driver then completes a simplified government collision report form which is checked by a police officer. Once the reports are completed, drivers may make use of the Insurance Services offered at the Centres. Insurance providers can be contacted by phone at the site. This allows for the timely reporting of the collision to the insurance provider and an early resolution of the claim process.

This simplified process is a service to the driving public. Property damage collisions are handled in an efficient manner with more consideration given to the convenience of the driver and the time restraints on a busy population.

There are two Toronto Centres to serve you:

113 Toryork Drive, North York
(416) 808-3960
New Hours of operation: Open 7 days a week all year, 6:00 a.m. to Midnight.

39 Howden Road, Scarborough
(416) 808-4960
New hours of operation: Open 7 days a week all year, 6:00 a.m. to Midnight.

What to do when you’re involved in a collision

Ontario law requires that drivers who are involved in a collision must surrender their drivers licence information, insurance information and vehicle information to the other involved drivers.

  1. If anyone is injured or there is any evidence of criminality CALL 911 right away.

  2. If it is safe to do so and the vehicles can be moved, move all involved vehicles to an area of safety.

  3. If the involved vehicles have over $1000 combined damage you must report the collision to police FORTHWITH (that means IMMEDIATELY).

  4. Take note of the year, make, model and colour of the other involved vehicle.

  5. Exchange insurance policy and company information, ask for the drivers licence to confirm the drivers full name and also take down a phone number from the involved individual.

  6. If there are any witnesses ask for their information as well.

  7. Take down the licence plate number of the involved vehicles.

  8. Take photographs of the area, involved vehicle, driver, passengers or involved individuals as well as a photo of all documentation provided by the involved driver.