Man arrested and charged in Assault with a Weapon, and Mischief Investigation,
Samuel Opoku, 23,
John P. Robarts Research Library, University of Toronto, and College Street and University Avenue area
Broadcast time: 21:30
Tuesday, November 26, 2019
Case #: 2019-2256737
The Toronto Police would like to advise the public of an arrest made in an Assault with a Weapon, and Mischief investigation.
On Tuesday, November 26, 2019, at approximately 6 p.m., officers arrested a man in the Queen Street West and Spadina Avenue area.
It is alleged that:
- on Friday, November 22, 2019, a man entered John P. Robarts Research Library located at 130 St. George Street and assaulted a woman and a young person and threw contents from a bucket which was described as liquefied fecal matter
- on Sunday, November 24, 2019, a man entered Scott Library located at 4700 Keele Street and assaulted a woman and a man, and threw contents from a bucket which was described as liquefied fecal matter
- on Monday, November 25, 2019, a man approached a woman in the area of College Street and McCaul Street and threw contents from a bucket which was described as liquefied fecal matter
See previous release.
Samuel Opoku, 23, of Toronto, has been arrested and charged with:
1. Five counts of assault with a weapon
2. Five counts of mischief interfere with property
He is scheduled to appear in court at 60 Queen Street West, courtroom 101, on Wednesday, November 27, 2019, at 10 a.m.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-5200, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Alex Li, Corporate Communications, for Detective Christina Donaldson, 52 Division