Divisional Policing Support Unit
A Guide to Police Services in Toronto DVD
The Toronto Police Service has created the DVD
to provide public with information on police services in Toronto and information
on how to access those services. The materials also explain some of the rights
and responsibilities under the Canadian law when dealing with the police.
Selection of screen-shots from the video (click to see full-size)
|The topics covered include:
- Contacting the police
- 9-1-1 is an emergency in any language
- How do I become a police officer?
- What do I do when police come to my home?
- What if someone doesn't speak or understand English?
- Do I have to answer the officer's questions or identify myself?
- What are my rights if I am arrested?
- What if someone is arrested and they don't speak English?
- What should I do when an officer approaches me on the street?
- What should I do when an officer stops me while I'm driving?
A teaser video
|Preview our DVD guide by watching a short "teaser" video. Click on the icon to the left to begin watching.
To view this teaser you must have at least a Windows Media v6.4 player installed on your computer.
For more information about Windows Media
DVD is available in English, Cantonese, Mandarin and Spanish.
You can order Newcomer DVD and copies of "A Guide to
Police Services in Toronto" DVD by contacting Community Mobilization at
416-808-7070 or by email at email@example.com.