Thank you for taking interest in the Toronto Police Service.
In the next few minutes, you will begin the process of applying online for the Police Constable position.
As you will see, this application is unique and unlike any application you have completed before. As such, it is recommended that some preparation go into the collection of information prior to beginning the application. This will assist you with the orderly and timely completion of this application.
Here are a few things to consider collecting:
- Educational Documents: Secondary/post secondary transcripts or equivalency diplomas,
- Employment History: Employment related information dating back to the first job you had,
- Close Relative Information: Names, date of birth, addresses,
- Address History: Information related to past addresses (include foreign addresses),
- References: Names, addresses, phone numbers for work, character, school references,
- Volunteer Information: Organization, supervisor, dates, address, phone number.
In addition to the above information, you will also be required to upload and submit a few documents with your on-line application to assist us in processing your application.
These documents include:
- Valid OACP Certificate of Results,
- Valid Standard First Aid and CPR (level c) document (if obtained).
If you require any assistance in “uploading” and attaching any of the above documents to your online application, please refer to the FAQ section of the online application for instructions.
Finally, if you are selected to participate in an interview, you will be asked to produce the following original documents on the day of your interview:
- Valid OACP certificate,
- Valid Driver’s Licence,
- Valid Standard First Aid and CPR (Level C),
- Proof of eligibility to work in Canada (Birth Certificate, Passport, Citizenship Card or Permanent Residency Card),
- Social Insurance Number,
- Educational Documents (Secondary/Post Secondary School or equivalency),
- Consent and Release of Liability Form (ensure it is witnessed),
- Any other document you would like added to your file.
If you have any questions regarding the above information, please contact a member of the recruiting section.