What are the duties of Auxiliary Officers?
The primary duty of an Auxiliary officer is to perform police duties when accompanied and supervised by a Police Officer. Some areas where Auxiliary Officers are often used are:
- Community Response initiatives,
- Canvassing and searching with respect to evidence or missing persons,
- Maintaining Police perimeters,
- Registration and/or identification of community property (i.e. bicycles),
- Community functions and events such as Police week, parades & Fairs,
- Community safety audits and participate in other crime preventions programs,
- Renewal of community night listing data,
- Serving on community policing committees,
- Assistance with the operation of the Toronto Police Information booths, community Police offices and collision reporting centres.